Monday, July 09, 2007

Using Baybayin

I've been incorporating my Modern Baybayin Fonts into my artwork and calligraphy every chance I get. Here are some samples:

What would brand name softdrink labels look like rendered with baybayin scripts?

coke baybayin
pepsi baybayin

What would a Post Card from the islands look like?


The Baybayin script on the top reads, "Maligayang bati, mula sa kabilang ibayo" (Greetings from a distant shore.) Baybayin is the ancient writing system of native Filipinos. The font is Baybayin Modern Round, found here: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/40485871/

The tattoo is modern but it's based on original Filipino tribal styles. The shield, loincloth, sword, and spear are native designs. The background - I found that in my hard drive - I don't know where it's from so dont bug.

"Proudly Pinoy" Logo Design Competition
http://www.proudlypinoy.org/ <- a competition to design a "Proudly Pinoy" logo intended for placement on Filipino websites. The idea is to create a logo which expresses the pride of being Filipino, and which will allow a web site to elegantly declare its Philippine identity. I sent these entries:


proud pinoy proud pinoy proud pinoy

Note the "Pa" character. Though it is kinda' hard to see, the script on the bottom reads: "Maipagmamalaki na sariling atin." (We can proudly call our own.) The script on the center of the ribbon says: "Pino(y)"

...

Want to see more? Want to know more? Want to download Baybayin Modern Fonts?
Please visit my Deviant Art Gallery at: http://nordenx.deviantart.com/

don't forget to visit this site too: http://www.kakaiba.com/ <- Baybayin Store :)

Mabuhay!

pinoy metal
pinoy rock

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

isa lang po masasabi ko, ang galing niyo! sana nga may taong tatayo sa bansa para palaganapin ang baybayin.

Anonymous said...

The logo changes to Baybayin are so cool! How can I contact you to properly ask for your permission to put your pictures up on my blog? Is it just Nordex@gmail.com?