Monday, June 02, 2008

Updates Coming Soon

UPDATE: 06/28/2010 - A flash version of the Baybayin Transliteration Tutorial online tool is now available at: http://www.nordenx.com/baybayin/
...

Summer is coming up soon and I may have some free time to finish up some personal projects. I have cleaned up the current fonts and made them Unicode compliant, I shall package them up and release their updated versions along with a couple of new font sets. I have also been working on an online Baybayin transliteration tool using JavaScript (screen shot shown below):


I am planning on switching it to a Flash application instead. I have been working with a lot of Flash 9 and AS3 projects recently and am at the point where I am quite comfortable with its development environment. I also realize that Flash has more power & versatility that I am looking for; JavaScript can be very cumbersome. Expect this tool some time by the end of the year. ;)

Throughout the past few months, I received very positive email and comments about my fonts and efforts; my humble "thank you" to everyone. I also received quite a few request for help on how to render words in Baybayin. I love helping everyone out with all your requests and questions, so please don't hesitate to drop me an email when you need something Baybayin related.



Until then... please visit again on the next update. ^_^ Mabuhay!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cant wait to see the finished project of your Baybayin transliteration tool.

marfealsantiago said...

Hi Nordenx, your fonts are really great. I used them in a Baybayin-written site I am trying to test. I have also created a Unicode-compliant Baybayin font, well, its essentially a hybrid of Paul Morrow's (with the foreign letters cfjvxz taken from other baybayin variants); in the Unicode, there are still some available glyphs for these foreign letters; and i wonder how you intend to use them. Please visit the test-site www.banyuhay.co.cc and comment whether such a project is tenable. It currently contains some sample contents, and the site is run by Wordpress which I tweaked a little for the project.
hope to hear from you, soon.

Marco Jonathan Rossi said...

nakagawa ako ng baybayin translator sa Flash. Kaya nito ang magsalin ng titik sa orihinal na paraan maging sa paraan na binago ng mga Kastila.

Kung gusto mong makita ang gawa ko puwede mo akong i-email sa chitetskoy [at] yahoo [dot]com.

Anonymous said...

Giliw na Nordenx,

Ako ay labis na humahanga sa mga Pinoy na katulad mo. Sana'y lumawig pa ang lahi ng mga katulad mong nagmamahal sa ating sariling kultura.

Gumagalang,
Lorenz

joshywashy said...

Hi Nordenx, Do you think you could help me render Baybayin in my computer? Whenever i try to read Baybayin in sites such as wikipedia, all i see are boxes. Thanks in advance :]
and Mabuhay!