Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Unique Code

A request was asked of me to separate the Unicode compliant set of my fonts from the keyboard accessible parts; creating two files in one package so that people can pick/choose which Unicode typeface/font style they want to use for browsing. This is a great idea because when you have several of my fonts or Paul Morrow's fonts in your PC, the unicode sets tend to overlap each other in web browsers. And browsers are weird, I don't know how it picks & chooses the 'winner' because I've tried many different setting combinations in different browsers and resulted in different fonts being picked. I've been experimenting with settings within the font files themselves as well with no luck.

That is why I tend to keep only one font file in my "C:\WINDOWS\Fonts" folder to solve the clashing issue; I keep the other font files in my shared Adobe fonts folder - since I only use Baybayin fonts for Adobe apps like Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, etc. Whenever I need to use a font for word processing, that's when I install the font in my windows/font folder; removing it after I already printed my document or embedded the font in .pdf file. ...quite a cumbersome system, I know, it can't work for everybody.

The problem is that it will take a lot of time & work and I am lazy bastard. But I really do love the idea and I promise that I will implement it. ...sometime in the future. :P
Enhanced by Zemanta
Post a Comment