Outdated tech, Adobe Flash no longer functions.
TIPS & USES:
- The pamudpud vowel cancelation mark can be typed using the forward-slash '/' or equal '=' keys.
- Syllable character NA is typed using the lowercase 'n' key, NGA is typed by the uppercase 'N'.
- Kudlit vowel markers are typed by the lowercase 'i' or 'e' and 'u' or 'o' keys.
- Syllabic vowel characters are typed using the uppercase 'A', 'I' or 'E', and 'U' or 'O' keys.
- There are 2 Typing modes; the x Mode automatically types a pamudpud after each character making them stand alone consonants, while the a Mode types syllable characters with the default /a/ vowel sound. Depending on which mode you use, typing vowels or kudlit marks after each character alters the default 'a' or cancels an auto-typed pamudpud.
- Typing an 'a' after a consonant syllable character will set the next vowel key to type a vowel syllable character instead of a kudlit mark.
- The ˽˽ check-box switches the extra space feature that separates characters automatically as they are typed; mimicking the original spacing of Mangyan carving/writing.
- After typing in Hanunoo Unicode characters, you can highlight and copy your characters (simply click on the ⇩ copy button) then paste & post the glyphs in Facebook or forums or anywhere else on the web, as well as in word processors and graphic editors.
- Anyone with a web browser that is set up to view UTF8 and have any one of Nordenx's Mangyan (Unicode compliant) fonts installed in their computer would be able to see the Baybayin characters you posted.
- To configure your computer & browser to view Unicode: http://unicode.org/help/display_problems.html
- You can scroll up or down on the text area using your mouse wheel.
Warnings and Limitations:
- Type using your keyboard at a normal speed, not too
quick as network lag can slow down processing and will end up
- The app only converts every text character typed the end of the word/sentence, letters inserted in between other characters will not be converted.
- Apple Macintosh has problems displaying fonts in certain softwares and especially browsers. Even FireFox for Mac has become unreliable. Fortunately, the fonts still work well in Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite applications for Mac.
- Using the extra space feature takes some time getting used to, especially when backspacing or deleting characters.
- The app only converts kudlit and vowel characters to the high vowel alphabet equivalent (u & i) as per Hanunuo orthography.
- This is not a translator application. Do not rely on this tool for correct spelling and transliteration. This is a free-form learning tool. Unless you're already proficient with the Mangyan language and Hanunuo script, transcribing is best left to professionals.
- The app is exclusively for Nordenx Mangyan Fonts. The proprietary fonts follows the suggested extend & reassign method for Mangyan Unicode. -> Documentation <-
- Most web browsers have issues with displaying Unicode characters, the only problem free browser is currently FireFox.
For more information on Hanunuo, please visit the Mangyan Heritage Site: www.mangyan.org